Like you, we’ve had to make a few changes to how we work here at Pupil Asset HQ. We’ve had to adapt to the changing and unusual situation we are currently facing, which has been a challenge, but we’ve risen to it.
As a company we’ve been establishing new ways of working and interacting, which we think will be sustainable while we weather this storm. It’s important for us to keep things as ‘normal’ as possible, to provide some stability for our staff and customers, in what is a very uncertain and worrying time. As we’re all learning how to work from a distance I thought it might be useful to share some of our new routines.
What are we doing at Pupil Asset?
Here’s some things we are doing to help support our staff settle in to home working;
- Virtual coffee breaks and lunchtimes – we jump online for a coffee and a catch up, or a chat over lunch just like we would in the office.
- Daily challenges – these can be anything from squats to mind puzzles.
- Good morning and good night calls – a simple check in when the team ‘arrives’ and ‘leaves’ off for the day.
- Themed ‘Office Days’ for example all wearing the same colour or coordinating outfits.
- Encouraging exercise and mindfulness for wellbeing, sharing free resources and ideas.
- Movie/music club – recommendations for good things to watch and listen to.
- Tonight we’re even opening a virtual pub to have goodbye drinks with Becky – who’s off on her maternity leave.
We have an amazing team here at Pupil Asset, which I am incredibly proud to be a part of, staying connected and being there for each other is paramount at a time like this – all of these things have helped us to reinforce that. I’d love to hear ideas and initiatives from your workplace, drop me a line on [email protected] if you’d like to share these with me.