You need to be able to identify, monitor, and support the pupils that need you most. Pupil Asset’s Cohort Report helps you to do that. In this blog we’ll look at how it works, how it can help you and share some tips to help you make the most of it.
What is the Cohort Report?
The Cohort Report is a flexible tool that can be set up to provide comparative analysis for attendance, attainment and progress.
You can choose your own cohorts to display from an extensive default list (Gender, Pupil Premium, LAC, SEND, EAL etc.) or you can use Live Groups to create a dynamic, real time reporting tool.
When you’ve configured your report, you can click from it to see a full breakdown of the data and the pupils behind the figures. No need to re-run or re-build reports. Seamlessly switch, save for later or share securely in an instant.
Benefits of the Cohort Report
The cohort report can quickly provide you with the data you are looking for and, with Pupil Asset’s consistent colour scheme, problem areas can instantly be recognised across a range of measures. Here are three useful examples:
- For subject leaders, looking to compare progress and attainment across the whole school in your subject.
- For headteachers, looking to compare a range of subjects for end of year pupil progress analysis and school development.
- For MAT CEOs, looking to provide “headline data” for governors and other key stakeholders.
You can find your Cohort Report by navigating to Analysis > Cohorts.
Use the Filter to select the year groups you’d like to report on. Tick Whole School to enable comparison against your school as a whole.
Use Display Options to Add Rows to your report – each row represents a different cohort of pupils. You can add from any number of our defaults, and/or your classes, groups and live groups.
Once you have added who you want to report on, you can use Display Options to add what you want to report on – by adding columns.
- You can select the subjects you want to report on and how you wish to view the data.
- You can add contextual data, such as attendance.
- You can select the subjects and term you want to report on.
- You can select how you wish to view attainment.
- You can choose how you wish to view progress and what range to use.
- You can select the time period over which you wish to measure progress.
- You can choose the units in which you want to express the measure of progress.
To implement the changes you make in Display Options, click Refresh and the Cohort Report will update.
For more detailed information read our how-to guide.
Hints and tips
- Start simply – use one year group, one subject, at a time and build from there. You’ll soon be amazed by what you are able to see in one place.
- Once you’ve configured the cohort report to meet your needs, you can save it as a permanent office report by clicking Refresh and Save as Office Report in Display Options.
- You can share the URL of your saved reports with staff or stakeholders – which saves you printing costs and GDPR risks – if the person with the URL doesn’t have the required access then they won’t see the report!
If you’re interested in more information about Pupil Asset, or you’d like to request a demo, fill in our contact form and we’ll happily show you how we can help your school.